Known as one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world, Goa witnesses an the arrival of millions of tourists every year. Renowned for its relaxed life style, Goan cuisine, night life, feasts and festivals and most importantly beaches Goa attracts travellers from all corners of the globe.
Goa is home to some of the most stunning beaches in the world. A holiday makers paradise Goa's major charm lies in its sun kissed beaches. The beaches in Goa are an amalgamation of serene beauty, excellent Goan cuisines, flea markets, and swaying palm trees. The coastline of Goa stretches over 125 km and the beaches cover an area of 83 km. The beaches in Goa are a major cause for the tourism of the state. The beaches in Goa are speckled with quaint little beach shacks that serve ice cold mocktails and spicy Goan cuisine.
The innumerable beaches in Goa offer something for everyone, from seafood shacks, to luxury resorts to beach huts, trance parties to tranquility. If you want to be amidst all the din and happenings of the state then the beaches of North Goa
are perfectly suitable and in case you want to relax in complete solitude then the beaches of South Goa form the perfect destination for you.
The beaches in South Goa
are an ideal destination for honeymoon couples. The beaches in South Goa are less crowded, clean, less commercialized and offer the silence and calm that is sought after by privacy seekers. Most of the resorts in South Goa offer enthralling views of the Arabian Sea and private dining restaurants by the sea shore. The beaches in South Goa are also an ideal place for long cruise rides and fishing.
On the other hand the beaches in North Goa are fully commercialized. Most of the beaches in North Goa offer a range of water sports, fine food and wine, upmarket restaurants, dolphin sightseeing, yoga, tai chi, reiki and ayurvedic massage therapies. Mostly foreign and local tourists are found in the active beaches of North Goa. Foreigners are seen sun bathing for hours on the sandy beaches of north Goa.
Below is a list of all the beaches in Goa
Last updated on:
- Anjuna Beach - It is closest to Mapusa and is located at a distance of 8 km from the city.
- Arambol Beach - You only need a one hour drive from the Dabolim Airport. To reach this beach.
- Ashwem Beach - You have to travel 20 km from Panaji to reach this serene beach.
- Baga Beach - This beach is located at a distance of 9 km from Mapusa and 16 km from Panaji.
- Calangute Beach - It will take you only 45 min to reach Calangute beach from Panaji.
- Candolim Beach - This popular beach is located at a distance of 14 km from Panaji.
- Dona Paula Beach - The distance between Dona Paula Beach and Panaji is just 7 km.
- Keri Beach - Located at the northern most tip of Goa, the beach is situated 28 km from the city of Mapusa.
- Mandrem Beach - This captivating beach is located to the North of Ashwem beach.
- Miramar Beach - It is located at a distance of 1 km from Panaji and 1 km from Dona Paula Beach.
- Morjim Beach - It is located at a distance of 13 km from Mapusa and 28 km from Panaji.
- Sinquerim Beach - The distance between this warm beach and Panaji is 13 km.
- Siridao Beach - It is located very near the the city of Panaji near Zuari Estuary.
- Vagator Beach - This beach is located at a distance of only 22 km from the capital of Panaji.
- Vainguinim Beach - 7 km southwards Panaji, you will find the Vainguinim beach.
- Agonda Beach - This popular beach of South Goa is located at a distance of 37 km from Madgaon.
- Arossim Beach - A drive of 15 minutes from Dabolim Airport will be enough to reach Arossim Beach.
- Benaulim Beach - Benaulim Beach is located at a distance of only 2 km from the Colva Beach.
- Betalbatim Beach - It is 8 km away from the South District headquarter of Goa-Madgaon.
- Betul Beach - This is a small beach and is located at a distance of 17 km from Madgaon.
- Bogmalo Beach - It is 4 km far from Dabolim Airport and 9 km from Vasco port.
- Canaguinim Beach - This beach is located at a distance of 55 km from the Dabolim Airport.
- Cavelossim Beach - This beach is located at a distance of 17 km from the city of Margaon.
- Cola Beach – Cola Beach is situated at a distance of 10 km from the Agonda Beach.
- Colva Beach - The most crowded beach in South Goa, Colva beach is located at a distance of 7 km from Madgaon.
- Consaulim Beach - This famous beach is situated at a distance of 10 km from Madgaon.
- Galjibaga Beach - It is located at a large distance of 70 km from Dabolim Beach and is among Goa's popular beaches.
- Majorda Beach - The beach is located at a convenient distance of 15 minutes from Dabolim Airport.
- Palolem Beach - It takes approximately 40 min to reach Palolem beach from Madgaon.
- Patnem-Colomb Beach – It is located at a distance of around 2 km from the Palolem beach.
- Rajbaga Beach - The distance between Madgaon and this beautiful beach is around 36 km.
- Utorda Beach - This beach is located at a convenient distance from the Dabolim Airport.
- Varca Beach - Varca Beach is located at a convenient distance from Dabolim Airport.
- Velsao Beach - It is located at a distance of 25 km from Panjim which is the capital city of Goa.